If you are looking for a childcare centre near Queens Park, you probably have a multitude of choices. At Cuddles Childcare Centres, we provide a high standard of childcare and we know how hard it can be to find the right place for your child. We would like to share some suggestions the Government makes about choosing a childcare centre, in Queens Park and across Australia.
First, start thinking about your options early. Figure out what days and hours you will need childcare. Then, do your research and figure out which kind of childcare suits your situation best: long childcare centre, family day care, preschool or outside hours childcare. There are plenty of options in the Queens Park area.
Once you find a service that can accommodate you, it’s time to find out more about them. If you are interested, put your child on their waiting list. Most schools do have a list, so it’s good to make plans early. Then, you should visit the childcare centre and don’t be afraid to ask questions. Here are some great questions to ask.
- What hours are you open?
- When can I drop off or pick up my child?
- When are you closed for vacations, such as Christmas or Easter?
- Can I call or visit my child whenever I want?
- Do you charge fees when my child isn’t there or on public holidays?
- Do you provide meals and nappies or do I need to send them along?
- What is the ratio of carers to children?
- What qualifications and skills do you require from your staff?
- Has your childcare centre been rated?
- If so, what was the rating?
- What aged children do you care for?
- Will you help my child learn and develop?
- What are your procedures and policies?
- Am I eligible for financial assistance such as subsidies?
This is a great start. But if you want the best childcare centre available to Queens Park residents, call our Cuddles Childcare Centre in St James today: (08) 9358 4673. Ask us all of the above questions. We think you’ll love our answers.