There are plenty of child care facilities in Vic Park and any Perth suburb. All of them promise the same things. But how do you tell which ones are going to take care of your child the way you want them to? We highly recommend checking out any child care centre before you leave your child there. Here is what to look for:
- Does the staff make you feel welcome there? Does it look like other parents are welcome there?
- Are the educators taking enough time with you to answer any questions you may ask? Are they actually speaking with you in an engaged manner or just “talking at you”?
- Do the educators get down to the level of the children when talking to them? Avoid those who stand up and talk down on your child.
- Are the educators taking the time and care to engage all of the children, including those whose parents aren’t watching, in a helpful, friendly, nurturing manner?
- Is the facility clean and sanitary? This is a sure way to tell whether or not a facility is being run well. Clean facilities help keep your child healthy.
- How is the outdoor environment? Is it a place your child would have fun playing? Or is it drab, boring and plain? Details like this matter.
- Are the equipment and resources, both inside and out, child-sized? This is important because children are still finding their hand to eye coordination during preschool and child-sized equipment is much easier and more fun for them to use.
- Are the educators taking steps to improve and maintain a high quality environment for your child? Exactly what are they doing? How are they doing it?
Finding the Right Childcare Centre
All of these are important in finding the right childcare centre for your child in Vic Park or any Perth suburb. To learn more or to enquire about child care, call the Cuddles Childcare Centre nearest to you.